Center For Restorative Youth Justice
Public Information Assistant
CRYJ is is seeking applicants for a full-time (32 hrs/ week) Public Information Assistant. The principle responsibilities of this position are to welcome all guests, youth participants & volunteers at the front desk, to coordinate initial screening of volunteers, and to inform the general public of CRYJ’s mission and programming in collaboration with other CRYJ staff. The person will staff the front desk, facilitate scheduling, and serve as lead on all social media and website correspondence. The front desk is staffed Mondays – Thursdays from 10am to 6pm.
This position is ideal for anyone seeking to become involved with CRYJ’s mission and programming – and those looking to gain experience with a vibrant nonprofit with a dedication to community, belonging, and creating opportunities for at-risk youth. We are looking for a healthy and engaging individual to join our team, someone who is detail oriented and who possesses enthusiasm, and is interested in working directly with youth. For more information about CRYJ, please visit http://www.restorativeyouthjustice.org
Primary Responsibilities of this position include
- Provide fantastic customer service to youth and families in-person, on the phone, and via email
- Collaborate with other CRYJ staff to manage website and social media outlets
- Enter data accuratly into database
- Support CRYJ staff with administrative assistance and as a member of a collaborative team
- Manage volunteer and intern scheduling
- Produce/ reproduce informational materials – including a monthly email newsletter
- Program registration and processing of payments
- Maintain excellent oral/ written communication while multi-tasking and balancing projects
Preference granted to those with
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service
- Experience with WordPress and any relevant background/experience with social media marketing and outreach
- Nonprofit experience
- Familiarity navigating Google Drive and Google Docs
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience working with at-risk and at-promise youth, specifically teenagers
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional boundaries including client confidentiality
- Coursework or experience in social justice, juvenile justice or nonprofit management
Must be comfortable interacting with a diverse public in varying capacities, and be energetic and resourceful. Recent CRYJ graduates are encouraged to apply. The Ideal candidate will be flexible and accommodating to occasional shifts in normal working schedule.
Details of Employment
Status Full time 32 Hours/Wk
Salary $12.50- $16.00/ hr, DOE. Competitive benefits package included.
Ideal start date Week of June 26th, 2017
How to Apply
Please send a resume highlighting relevant work/ volunteer experience, education (including any relevant coursework), and a bullet list/ description of relevant skills.
Instead of a cover letter, please submit your responses to the following questions:
1) Spend some time on our website and on our Facebook page – what do you see as the greatest opportunities for CRYJ to grow our social media and web presence?
2) How does this position at CRYJ fit into your personal and professional path?
3) What makes a ‘successful’ working environment for you? What is important to you about working relationships with co-workers?
Email all application materials to the CRYJ hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted through June 9th, 2017.